EIUC (European Inter-university Centre for Human Rights and Democratization www.eiuc.org) is a not for profit organization fostering a community of scholars, researchers and professionals to promote democracy and the implementation of human rights worldwide. EIUC advances innovative programmes and projects (masters, summer schools, and training seminars) that contribute to policy formation and assistance to democracy and good governance, promotion of the rule of law, and overseas development cooperation.
Having started by organising the European Master's Degree in Human Rights and Democratisation, EIUC is now coordinating the Global Campus of Master's Programmes and Diplomas in Human Rights and Democratisation whose activities cover all continents.
EIUC is the Beneficiary of the EU funded Action “GLOBAL NETWORK OF UNIVERSITIES FOR HUMAN RIGHTS AND DEMOCRACY POSTGRADUATE EDUCATION”
Such project includes partners from Italy, Armenia, Argentina, South Africa, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Thailand, Lebanon.
The project’s implementation period is 12 months (start date: 01.08.2017). The financial year corresponds to the implementation period (from 01 August to 31 July).
This invitation to tender is addressed to reputable audit firms or individuals, hereon referred to as the tenderers, to deliver the following services:
- the external expenditure verification report of the annual Grant Contract
- the role of auditor according to article 18 of EIUC Statute and relevant laws and regulations
In particular the tenderer must respect one of the following conditions:
- the Auditor and/or the firm is a member of a national accounting or auditing body or institution which in turn is member of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC).
- The Auditor and/or the firm is a member of a national accounting or auditing body or institution. Although this organisation is not member of the IFAC, the Auditor commits him/herself to undertaking this engagement in accordance with the IFAC standards and ethics set out in the Terms of Reference (hereinafter ToR) in Annex 1.
- The Auditor and/or the firm is registered as a statutory auditor in the public register of a public oversight body in an EU member state in accordance with the principles of public oversight set out in Directive 2006/43/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council (this applies to auditors and audit firms based in an EU Member State).
The assignment is expected to last till the approval of the financial statements 2019/2020 and will include the audit of Grant contract 2019/2020. Should any event take place involving a reduction of the activities, the fee will be reduced proportionally.
You can find the full invitation to tender and all annexes below.
Annex 1 - Expenditure Verification of the Grant Agreement
Annex 2 - Declaration of honour
Annex 3 - EIUC Statute
Annex 4 - EIUC financial statements 2015/2016