The International Rehabilitation Council for Torture Victims (IRCT) is a health-based umbrella organisation that supports the rehabilitation of torture victims and the prevention of torture worldwide.
IRCT members comprise more than 140 independent organisations in over 70 countries.Our work is governed by these member organisations. Today, they are the largest membership-based civil society organisation to work in the field of torture rehabilitation and prevention.
Their mission is to:
- Ensure that torture victims are able to access appropriate health-based torture rehabilitation services
- Ensure that torture victims are able to have full access to justice
- Contribute towards the prevention of torture worldwide.
They work towards our mission by facilitating:
- Capacity development within the IRCT membership
- A more enabling policy environment for our membership and for torture victims
- The generation and sharing of knowledge, within the IRCT membership and with the wider anti-torture movement.