Prof. Zdzisław (Dzidek) Kędzia
The President of EIUC is Prof. Zdzisław(Dzidek) Kędzia.
Prof. Kedzia teaches International Human Rights law and Constitutional Law at the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań (Poland), he is also the Polish national director for the European Masters in Human Rights and Democratization (E.MA), at the European Inter-University Centre for HumanRights and Democratization EIUC Venice. He has been the Minister-Counsellor in the Permanent Mission of Poland to the United Nations in Geneva (1991-1994) among others: General Rapporteur of the II World Conference on Human Rights (1993), Rapporteur of the 54th session of the Commission on Human Rights, Chairman-Rapporteur of the Drafting Group of the Optional Protocol to the Convention against Torture. 1994-2005 – Senior Adviser to the High Commissioner for Human Rights, director of the Activities and Programmes Branch and of the Research and Right to Development Branch. He has also been a member of the Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights since 2009, where he was re-elected and his terms will continue from 1 January 2013 through to 31 December 2016.
He is a member of the European Union’s research project “Fostering Human Rights Among European (external and internal) policies” FP7-Frame, a collaborative research project funded under the EU’s Seventh Framework Programme (FP7).
Main tasks of the EIUC President
Professor Zdzisław(Dzidek) Kędzia, Poznan, was appointed for a four-year period by the EIUC Assembly at its meeting on 7 May 2016.
• The President legally represents the Centre towards third parties and in legal acts.
• The President prepares and implements the policies of EIUC in accordance with statutory provisions.
• The President will summon and chair the Assembly and the Board of Administrators. He/she will supervise the proper functioning of services and staff, as well as the implementation of the directions enacted by the Assembly, the Board of Administrators, and the Advisory Board, giving the appropriate instructions to the Secretary General.
• The President, subject to authorization by the Board of Administrators, signs the contracts with the European Union and the co-operation agreements with other international and national organisations, either public or private in nature.
• The President adopts any act and determination concerning the administration of the Centre according to the present Statute and the regulations thereafter enacted. In urgent case of necessity, under his/her responsibility, the President may adopt acts normally within the competence of the Board of Administrators. Such acts will be submitted to the Board for ratification at its earliest meeting.
Contacts details of EIUC President
Prof. Dr. Zdzisław (Dzidek) Kędzia
Faculty of Law and Administration ADAM MICKIEWICZ UNIVERSITY Sw. Marcin 90, 61-809 Poznan Poland
Tel: +39 041 2720911
Fax: +39 041 2720911