Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the ECTS credits?
- How can I obtain the specification of relevant ECTS credits for my diploma, certificate, etc.?
- Can I transfer from my current university to E.MA and finish my degree there? Is there a way to calculate the credits I have already obtained in my university into the E.MA curriculum and let me therefore skip some parts of the programme?
- How many ECTS credits does the E.MA Degree correspond to?
- I have a Bachelor Degree plus a one year Master, a summer course, etc. Is that enough to satisfy the E.MA entry requirements?
- What happens if I complete the degree entry requirements of the E.MA Programme after having been admitted?
- I have a master’s degree and 300 ECTS, am I overqualified for E.MA?
- Is my bachelor’s degree from another discipline than law/social sciences/humanities acceptable for admission to this programme?
- I have only 180 ECTS will I be able to cope with E.MA level and workload?
- Is there a minimum final mark required in the university degree?
- Is E.MA an MA or LLM programme?
- What are the language requirements to participate to the E.MA Programme?
- What are the working languages of the course?
- Which kind of language certificate do you accept?
- If I can prove that I carried my entire university education in English do I still need to complement with a language certificate such as TOEFL or IELTS?
- Can I write my thesis in French?
- Can I submit the documents required for application (i.e. reference letters, transcript of records or degree certificate) in French or in my mother tongue?
- Is there an age limit to participate in E.MA?
How to Apply
- What is a transcript of records and a Diploma Supplement? Where can I find these?
- Must the copy of my documents be legally notarized or will a normal copy do?
- Is there a specific form for the letters of reference?
- Do the reference letters have to be attached to the application form sent, or do they have to be forwarded separately directly from the referees?
- Do the letters have to come from academic referees, i.e. be produced by professors, or can they also be from employers or supervisors?
- Is there a possibility to apply for the programme without having already finished the first university degree (for example: applying in March – finishing university in June – starting the E.MA in autumn)?
- Why do I have to pay 50 € if I am not sure I will be selected?
- What career paths do E.MA graduates follow?
- I am considering doing a PhD and an academic career, would E.MA be a right place for me?
Fees and financial issues
- What does the tuition fee include?
- Is there a reduction of the tuition fee for EU or Non-EU students? How can this tuition fee be paid?
- What other costs, besides the tuition fee and the enrolment fee, will I have to cover?
- Does EIUC provide accommodation for the students?
- Is there a possibility to apply for external financial support?
- Does EIUC offer any scholarship?
- When must I start the visa procedures?
- Which kind of visa must I apply for?
- Who will pay for the visa procedures?
- Besides the Brazilian nationality, I have an Italian one. With what nationality is better to apply for this Master? Why?
- When and how will I be notified about admission?
- If I am offered a place can I defer the acceptance and begin the following year?
- If I have participated to a previous selection (unsuccessful or having resigned), having sent the completed set of documents, can it be used or re-considered in order to participate to the following year’s selection?